Thursday, September 16, 2010

Ikea service the sequel

Today I got a phone call from Ikea regarding my complaint for the desk with the scratches. On the spot they offered me to bring a new desk (only not assembled) or 30% off the price. I argued that if I paid 300 francs for a desk, I want a flawless one. So I promised to send him pics. Only with the shiny top it was very difficult. I ended up with either a pic of my roof or of myself holding a camera. It's like taking a pic of a mirror. Ended up with two half-decent pics, and suggested that they after all gimme 50% off which I asked for in the first place (unless they could bring me a new and assembled one). I guess for a face-saving compromize I could settle for 40%. Let's see what the answer says.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, so my lesson learnt from this is if I buy Ikea stuff check all bits for damage before assembly

Witchbitch said...

The issue was that step 28 in the assembly (the last one) was to take off the plastic covering the table top. And that's when I noticed.