Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Change

Got one of these emails from hotmail and saw something about a change. I don't like change when it's not initiated by me.

This time it's about hotmail.com disappearing and being replaced by outlook.com, and of course with "a new and improved functionality". New and improved my ass. It just means that I have to search for options I knew were there before, and not finding them. It's like gmail.com. I opened an address with them and hate how it looks and works.

I think I'm onto something here. Open up an email site where I promise never to change anything. I bet a lot of people would sign up. Grown-ups like myself. Not old mind you, but mature people who only wants to use the functionality, not being interested in new hot looks and design.

Like when I went to the Orange shop, looking for a new phone. My phone is six years old or something, and little plastic pieces are starting to fall off. I want a similar one, folding and with a screen. All I use it for is texting, the occasional phone call (never been above the allowed 30 mins a month) and sometimes taking a photo. And I don't want an iPhone.

Guess what? I couldn't find one. All the ones which are folding had tiny screens, much smaller than I have now. And smaller keyboard. I don't have fat fingers but those ones had keyboards where you press down at least two keys in one go.

When are the telecom companies gonna discover that not all customers are 16 years old?

No comments: