Monday, August 06, 2012

Ordnung muss sein

This spring I realized I had to apply for an extension of my permit to stay here in Switzerland. I remember thinking about it several times, and then somehow during the summer I either got Alzheimer light or had other things on my mind. I forgot.

As a Swiss-wannabe this is bad. But as "Ordnung muss sein" here in the land of the Alps, I got a reminder sent to me! Fantastic. It can of course also be received as "here in Switzerland we keep track of our foreigners". Both are true.

So bringing the letter, the application form that was enclosed, my passport, my current permit, a new photo if I wanted (no, I looked better 5 years ago so keep the current one please) and most importantly, 65 francs, I went to the Kreisbüro and applied.

It'll take 4-6 weeks to get the new one. Gee, I wonder what will happen on the 1st of September, when my current one expires, if the new one doesn't get here in time?

But considering nobody has ever looked at my permit (except for Orange who wouldn't sell me a phone unless I showed them my permit!), I think I'm pretty safe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeha I think you're safe unless you're a black person at the HB - they seem to be getting asked to show their permits all the time.

Witchbitch said...

I think they check permits when people are loitering.