Thursday, August 30, 2012

Re-gifting

I am all for re-gifting, i.e. when you are given something you don't like, you give it on to somebody you think will appreciate it more.

I have been very open about my thinking of things given to me. I do not appreciate thingies, nowadays I can afford to buy what I like and enjoy. I don't want to be given dust collectors.

However, I do appreciate people giving me things, but more so consumables.

Now, on my last birthday, I was given a champange cooler. Or I guess white wine, prosecco, or whatever cooler. But the thing is, I think I used it once in one year. Getting very close to being a dust collector. Plus taking up space.

Tonight I had an idea. I have been meaning to get a big ashtray, filled with beach sand, to use for smokers. Very much included myself.

Why not turn it into a large ashtray?


Only problem now, where do I find beach sand in and around Zürich?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet you can get it at Jumbo, (assuming you don't mind if its not actual beach sand ;))

Witchbitch said...

Yes, maybe it's worth paying for not having to chase around for it.