Friday, August 24, 2012

Local politicians

A friend was stopping by this evening. She lives in a village, and is very engaged in what is going on locally.

Now she has been approached by the "Gemeinderat", the local council, about being a member.

I think she would be fabulous in this role, but the last couple of times we met, she has spent a lot of time telling me why she will never be part of it.

I am biding my time, and am pretty sure that she'll end up there eventually. Mind you, not yet, but give it time.

And I can't think of a better person being in politics, with a chance to have an influence. She has empathy, she knows right from wrong, she is reliable, she takes everything (sometimes a bit too) seriously, she is caring, she has a successful career, and she's a cat lover. The last of course most important :).

What works against her is that she's always honest, and doesn't like to play (political) games. If only we had more of her kind in politics in general!

I'll follow up on this item when she's elected president of the village. Only a matter of time if you ask me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you're talking about who I think you are, I'd also be willing to bet it's only a matter of time before she's in. But I wouldn't want to do it either

Witchbitch said...

Let's see what happens.