Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Migros payback

As you know if you live in Switzerland Migros has this card that gives you points for every purchase, and every second month or so they send you a voucher depending on how much you bought. I usually get 5 francs.

Some time ago I realized that a good friend of mine didn't have this card, and I immediately jumped at the opportunity and got a second card for him. Actually, it's not a card, just a bar code you attach to any of your other cards. And then I sat down waiting to reap the benefit of his purchases.

Imagine my disappoinment when I today again received a voucher for a measly 5 francs. I know, it's money too, but I was awaiting at least double if not more. Maybe he forgets to show the card in the store? We're gonna have a chat about that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must admit I way prefer the Coop system, where every now and then when you have enough points the checkout person asks if you want to pay with points instead of money. I never remember to take those bloody Migros vouchers with me, which I am sure they are counting on.

Witchbitch said...

The Coop system is ok too, but it just feels more like real money when you have a voucher, and I'm WAY too cheap to not use them ;).

But just the other day I got a letter saying that the points can now go digital, so that would be something for you. You just have to register I think.