Thursday, April 09, 2015

Up mine

So after going to and fro on the ass problem, I finally decided to have a check-up. Not that it bothers me and gives me pain on a continued basis, but I thought what the heck, why not do a little prevention to what might be a bigger problem later on.

And I gotta say, I just love the doctors in Switzerland. I showed up as we agreed on at 15.15 and was whisked into the doc's office immediately. We had a brief conversation about the problem, then I was led into an exam room, and a nurse asked me to take off my pants and shoes, not the underpants mind you, and I was placed on a bed on the left side. I got a little "sexy" paper blanket to cover myself with, and in came the doctor. Put a finger up my ass, then some sort of device, and it didn't hurt at all. After a minute or two, I was dressed again, and another conversation with the doc took place.

All in all it took 15 minutes and now I have an appointment for a colonoscopy.

And this is where I get a bit weary, since the doc's explanation is to not treat just the visible symtoms, but to check out that there is no bigger problem higher up. I buy that, even though I realize that they are selling treatments and that here in Switzerland you are more responsible for your own health than in other countries I lived in. But hey, I have started to treat my body as the temple it is (well, more or less), so why not go with the doc's recommendation?

Plus the fact that he said "in our age" these procedures are to be recommended.

Before the day I have to drink a lot, some sorta mixture to make my stomach empty. I, of course, asked if I could mix it with wine and he responded that it would be ok with white wine. "But it's a liter, that's a lot", he said. Haha and hurry for Swiss doctors!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck! My mother says the worst part of the colonoscopy is taking that fluid and the 'emptying'. but hopefully your problem is soon sorted.

B

Witchbitch said...

I heard that too, and am not looking fw to it. It'll be nice when the procedure is done.