Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Nordic walking

I come from the far north, but never ever will you see me walking with sticks, so called "Nordic walking". Since I started to be more active I have noticed that this particular way of movement is very popular here in Switzerland.

I go powerwalking/jogging and all of a sudden in the middle of the forest I hear "click-click-click-click". Extremely disturbing, plus it looks ridiculous.

Mind you, they may think the same about me 'cause I bring my (light) weights, walking and flexing my arms (bingowings goodbye) up and down while at it.

Still, walking with sticks ain't my thing. But the person who marketed a ski pole to be used for something as silly should get a medal. Clever, to invent something totally unnecessary and get rich because of it. Thumbs up.

No comments: