Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Buy your own paradise

Was out having a quick drink this evening, and found a clip in my pocket that I ripped out of a (free) newspaper the other week. It says "Thank you crisis, an island off Queensland's cost costs you less than a house in Zürich". Hmmm. They continue "many people dream of owning their own tropical island, but for most it remains just a fantasy. Now, though, a slice of paradise has become almost afforable in Australia, with dozens of islands on the market and the global financial crisis driving down prices." That's all fine and dandy if you ask me, but who wants to live on an island for more than maybe 3 weeks each year? I am more than happy with my "house" in Zürich thank you very much. And I don't care that "whales pass by twice a year, oysters can be plucked off the rocks and that sea turtles nest on the beautiful sandy beaches". It cannot beat a dead duck just outside the house!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, I'm not sure you should believe everything you read in the free newspaper. but your post just goes to show you're more content in your life than most, yay for you! So many people just want a total escape from thier current lives.

Witchbitch said...

Nah, I've seen it, done it, almost bought the t-shirt. I'm very happy here in Zürich.