Monday, April 08, 2013

Shopping failure

Went shopping today, had 6 things on the list (yes a list this time) and came home with one of them. Not a real success.

I was looking for flip-flops, since I walk around in them daily at home. All they had were thick ones with a lot of bling-bling, costing from 20 francs and up. I don't want that. I want simple, cheap flip-flops for home usage. The search goes on.

I did find a balcony table though. Have now measured and think it'll be perfect. All I need now is transport, which shouldn't be too difficult to arrange. What are friends for?

Also looking for a book and napkins. Found napkins in the 1-franc shop in Oerlikon. White colour, but what can you expect in a cheap-shop? But I did find two plastic smallish containers for 2.50 for both. Bargain!

The fabric for my bar stools was a no. I am not paying 59 francs for one meter. It'll be cheaper to buy new stools.

And finally I was looking for a new pair of shorts, and all I could find (ok, did only try one shop) was these teeny-tiny buttock-short shorts. Not fitting a woman of my calibre. Where do grown-ups buy their clothes?

But to my delight the plant shop was already open, and according to the saleswoman these flowers are easy to handle (just water) and are perennial and will survive a winter. Time will tell, but they look oh so pretty.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oo, yes very pretty.
Thats what I wanna know too, where to shop so that you dont have a head-ache just from the oh-so-loud dance 'music' and dont go blind from the bling, but that also doesnt feature mu-mus and over-size cargidans and leggins all in 'taseful' beige, fawn and maroon for the distinguished older lady.

Witchbitch said...

If you find it, lemme know pls.