Sunday, April 14, 2013

The Uetliberg-tunnel

I have a relatively new friend, who doesn't know me well. This evening he was picking me up, as we both were invited to another friend of ours for dinner. We agreed that he would drive.

He gave the impression that he only needed our addresses and that he would program those into his gps. Haha. I took a seat in his car, and he handed me a whole bunch of papers. Google-maps. On paper.

Now, I have absolutely no sense of direction. I can maybe read a map, but not if it says "go 220m, then turn right onto whatsit-street". And it also said 6.5 km, which apparently meant the total of distance travelled, when I thought it meant how long to still drive.

So we ended up in the Uetliberg-tunnel. I heard about this tunnel when it was built a couple of years ago. I had never been in it. It is long. Especially when you have to drive thru it. And then back.

But we got there. Eventually. And it was worth the hassle.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha! we did the same thing a couple of weeks ago, but instead missed the uetliberg tunnel and instead found ourselves suddenly in Zug

Witchbitch said...

So we both get to see new places! Time to buy a GPS?