Saturday, April 06, 2013

Tap water

I like the new initiative, promoting people in bars and restaurants to order tap water (as well as at home I guess), since Zürich water is the best. I got a leaflet in one of my fav restaurants Apfelkammer, where I recently had the opportunity to have an excellent meal. And yes, I love steak tartare.


Think of all the cost is saves - not to mention the favourable impact on the environment, drinking perfectly good tap water instead of bottled ditto - production, transport, storing, disposal and what-have-you.

Yes, this is something I will definitely support!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

while theoretically I like the idea with a donation towards clean programs in less fortunate places, I find the whole hoo-ha about tap water in Switzerland (esp Zurich) ridiculous. Probably the reason only 5% of people order tap water is because either the restaurant makes you feel awful (I've even been refused to be served tap water) or they make you pay for it. Nowhere else I've ever been in the world makes you pay for tap water when you are eating and/or drinking something else as well.

Witchbitch said...

Let's hope this initiative will change all that.

And welcome to my fav place, they always serve me tap water without me even asking. No charge.