Monday, May 11, 2015

Early bird

I was out for a walk really early yesterday. I know, it's weird to get out of bed early on a Sunday, but I seem to have lost my rhythm a bit. More often than not, I go to bed early, with the result that I wake up early. This is definitely a new pattern to me.

Anyway, so there I was at 7.30 in the morning walking in the woods (surprisingly enough I wasn't alone) when I spotted a small group of youngsters (well, maybe 20-ish) sitting around at a table, at an open area and I thought to myself that it was a really strange time for a picnic.

Then I looked again, and realized that the table was full of bottles. Aha! Considering some of them were wrapped in blankets and looked like they were sleeping, I figured that had had an all-nighter in the forest. And I had to smile. Not too many years ago I would've been one of them, rather than joining the walking/jogging group at 7.30 on a Sunday morning!

With one big difference though, I would've taken the garbage that didn't fit in the container with me! Filthy people!

No comments: