Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Mouldy potato

I have eaten out in more restaurants than I care to remember. These days I much prefer to eat at home, whether it's on my own or cooking for friends.

Yesterday I got reminded why.

Came from the boat, stopped by "my" restaurant to see a friend. Sitting out in the sun didn't hurt. We were hungry and ordered food. The fish was all right, but the much overcooked potatoes tasted like mould. And I had to pay for it.

Yes, you really get what you pay for but considering I could have cooked food for 4 people at home at the same cost, I think I have made the right choice.

I much rather spend a tiny fortune on going out to eat in a really special restaurant, preferably with at least one star in guide Michelin, rather than eating out three mediocre times.

Mouldy potatoes, no more! But I might just have a drink there again...

No comments: