Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sue Ellen and I

This afternoon was the time for my transformation. I had a hitleresque friend commanding me to sit in a chair, close my eyes while she was dabbing god knows what, and might I add, took friggin forever. First she did what in my days was called "brown creme" and is now named foundation.

Then it was something called baseline or similar. In my world baseline is the starting point of a process in IT.

Eyeliner was something she did as well, and it was liquid and the whole evening it kept on leaking into my eye and made me look like I had feelings. My left eye was kinda crying the whole eve, like Sue Ellen in Dallas. She was the one with cow's eyes who was constantly crying.

Then it was something else I cannot remember, and finally I was allowed to put mascara on myself. I simply couldn't handle her pointing a brush to my eye.

In my youth I sometimes spent an extra minute putting on eye-shadow and then mascara. And to be perfectly honest I think I looked better then. But ok, I was 20+ years younger which might have added to the natural beauty I possess :).

Like my friend was saying, "you don't need whatever-it-was-called-something-around-the-lips", cause you have perfect shape of your lips. I know. It looked like I had eczema around my mouth.

Lastly she was doing my hair. I had warned her that my baby-hair is not easily tamed. I gave up many moons ago, since whatever I do it doesn't last. Think you would need cement to make my hair stay in any shape.

Her attitude was "I'm gonna make you fabulous". Ha. Didn't work. Still looked like me. But I gotta give her points for trying.

PS. And no, no pics were taken.

No comments: