Sunday, April 24, 2011

Purple mascara

I grew up in a city which was the first on doing post order. You know, in the old days, you got a glossy catalogue displaying all sorts of clothes, cosmetics, shoes and other things you craved when you were young and stupid.

Then you filled in a form, sent it in, and a week later a package showed up in your mailbox. Always, always, making you disappointed. The stuff never looked like in the catalogue. These days you can compare it to McDonald's. Look at the fluffy burger on the ads, then compare to the flat piece of meat you actually get.

This is how I felt when I got the purple mascara the other day. Looks fab when you open it, but on my eyes it just looks black. Good thing I still have that purple glitter I bought about 10 years ago.

No comments: