Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Cancer league

In my quest to find worthy causes I today met with the "Cancer league", Krebsliga.

Two very nice people tried to give me answers to my three questions.

1. Why, despite all the funding over many years, is cancer not yet cured? The answer is that many more people get cancer these days, and many more are cured, but there is no guarantee that the mystery of cancer will ever be solved. After all, there are approx 150 types of malignant organ tumours and diseases of the blood and lymphatic systems.

Discouraging news, which I will try to forget about asap. However, the answer is decent and I accept it.

2. Why all the administration in sending letters out that'll eat up much of the donations? Turns out that people (other than me) actually reads news and information that is sent to them, and that a lot of the donations come after those campaigns.

Ok, as long as they block me for these mass distributions.

3. How much are the top guys paid? This, they couldn't answer but will find out and get back to me.


I want to make damn sure that no gazillion bonuses are paid out from a non-profit organization. Like they did in the Red Cross, which I immediately exited.

If I get the right answer, the Krebsliga will go on my donor list.

Was extra encouraged by the fact that half the management team consists of women! Well done.

No comments: