Sunday, May 01, 2011

White collar

And no, wasn't out demonstrating today. To be perfectly honest, never did. Even though I was a blue collar worker back in...well, a very very long time ago. And it was only temporary.

But really, back then I was moving piles of paper from a stack to a machine to put the piles in order to in the end produce a book. A book bindery. I later got promoted to walk around with the coffee tray to serve the workers, and even later to work with admin in the office. I was typing. On an oldfashioned typewriter. Loads and loads of labels with addresses. Some promotion, but in those days it counted.

From blue collar to white collar in...hmmm...yeah, maybe a year. And sincerely, I dunno know if the work I have done after that have been any more important, but for sure it paid better!

No comments: