Monday, October 28, 2013

Fancy restaurant

Am watching a cooking show, which made me think of the time I was in Rome many, many years ago. 'Cause one of the judges in the show features in this.

My friend who I travelled with had a friend who knew some people, and there was a party, and of course we were invited. There were we, innocent tourists (and back then gorgeous blondes:), invited to the high-flyers in Rome. I remember a fancy home with cushions to sit on in a big living room. I also remember somebody asking me "do you smoke?", and I, naive as I was, said "yes, would you like one?", offering a cigarette. Only later I realized they didn't refer to tobacco only.

Was talking to this guy, who mentioned that his uncle had a restaurant in my home country. Immediately I thought oh yes, probably a pizzeria in a suburb somewhere. Turned out his relative was the manager of probably the most famous restaurant back home.

And now I'm watching this relative of his being a judge in a cooking show. I wonder what happened to the "smoking" guy?

No comments: