Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Me and wine and friends

Went hiking today. Far away from Zürich. Well, almost half an hour with the train anyway (milk train, the fast direct train is maybe 15 mins). Was visiting a friend, bringing if not gold, frankincense and myrrh, so at least wine. My house wine. A woman having a small kid cannot be trusted to have wine at home. She did. I guess she knows me.

And to my surprise she had made a tasty lunch, what with being a vegetarian and all. A spinach-ricotta-feta-cheese-pie with salad and even a dessert with apricots and cream.

Then we went for a walk, and she was kind enough to ask "you don't mind walking up a hill do you?". Hmm, polite as I am (yeah, I know) I actually didn't mind even though she was walking far faster than I, while pushing the kid. But there you go, there is something to be said for youth I guess. And before you comment, yes smoking.

But it was nice, a great view and while the kid was in the playground I connected with some donkeys. Donkeys are interesting animals, they can get almost as old as a human.

We visited a park that was donated by the founder of Migros, a big food chain here in Switzerland, back in the 40-50's not sure. He stated that the park should be accessible for all people in Rüschlikon (village outside Zürich). Nice of him.

They even had a house with a roof from Bern, which I learned when visiting Ballenberg.

But back to the wine. So once I got rid of the bottle, coming back to Zürich, I went to see a friend in my fav place. Who had bought me another bottle as a late present for my b-day. Nice!

I ended the day by having dinner with a friend in Zürich, who also had bought me something...drum roll...and here you were all wrong. He got me flowers :), purple of course. But he did feed me including a glass of wine.

And when I got back after almost 10 hours the cats were very happy to see me. I should do this more often!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess you don't know enough of the right kind of women with small kids - the ones I know wouldn't consider a playdate without wine, how else do you think we cope with the little darlings ;)

B

Witchbitch said...

Hmm, very good point! I wish you-know-who would be more like you :).