Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Everybody wins

Was in Ikea today. I'm guessing I wasn't their best customer. I bought two candles, one pack of napkins and two flower pots, all for 7 francs something. Was especially satisfied with the pots, purple of course. 95 rappen each. A bargain.

Ikea in Switzerland celebrates 40 years in the country and had sent an invitation, so I participated in the lottery "everybody wins", where the top price was 25K worth of Ikea stuff, and I won. A small blue plastic Ikea bag. Ah well, better than nothing I guess.

Mind you, I was spending a lot more in the "Schwedenshop", the shop where they sell food. But as somebody in the restaurant (yes had lunch there too) had left a voucher worth 2 francs, I nicked it and used it, it wasn't too bad for what I got.

So a friend of mine got to enjoy a Swedish dinner including lots of marinated herring tonight. Yum!

No comments: