Monday, October 14, 2013

Take the money and run

I have to admit I'm a little bit addicted to watching various seasons of the biggest loser. I think it's the challenges they are up for, the thought process and finally the transformation of their bodies that catch me.

But today when watching one episode where two participants were offered to trade 10K dollars for a pound, which is a little bit less than half a kg, at the weekly weigh-in, I was screaming at the screen "take the friggin money and run"! The woman did, the man didn't. Just goes to show.

And it reminded me of when I got options in my company. Half-time through the given period, we were given the choice of cashing 50% of it in or wait until the end time. I cashed it in. And as luck would have it, I lived in another country than when the options were issued and so the cheque breezed through, without passing go. Or the evil payroll system.

At the end time of the options the company no longer had the cash to pay anything.

Conclusion: take the money and run.

No comments: