Monday, May 28, 2007

Munich

Before I moved to Zürich I spent many many moons in a hotel here doing a project. Was stuck together with a couple of Americans, also on the same project, and we ended up touring Switzerland during weekends. As you do, when you're so bored you can tear your head off just so that you'd have something to do. Hotel life really stinks. Anyway, one weekend we took off for Munich. Brought a German aborigine with us to show us the beer gardens, the http://www.hofbraeuhaus.de/ and other touristy sights. Now it just so happened that two of them were in looove, couldn't keep their hands off each other. And the fourth one in the group had to leave. So there I was. Stuck with two love birds. It was easy not to laugh. So decided to go back one day early. Meaning I took the car, and drove back on my own to Zürich. Now, sense of direction has never been one of my virtues, so naturally was a bit anxious. But as it turned out, I managed to take all the right turns. It's just funny, the nearest way from Munich to Zürich goes a little bit through Austria. And in Austria you apparently need a little sign on your window to show I don't know. That you paid some kind of motorway tax or similar. I disregarded this, and got lucky. This is the thing when you don't have a car. You just don't care. Suspect it might be the same in Switzerland. But what do I know? I'm a public transportation type of girl :)...and ok, taxi sometimes...

No comments: