Sunday, August 23, 2009

Doing the dishes

Had dinner with a friend tonight. He's moved into a new place that I hadn't seen. It was nice, but it didn't have a dishwasher. So after dinner I placed myself strategically in the balcony doorway watching him do the dishes.
He might be German by birth, but he certainly behaves like a Dutch. The Dutch wash the dishes without rinsing them. I am glad I only knew this after dinner. So first the plate in a sink full of dishwasher liquid, foaming, moving it around with a brush. Then straight into the IKEA-rack to dry.
I can only hope the dishwasher liquid holds something good like resistance against swine flu or something!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Annika,

I´m Marisa and currently work in a magazine. For the October issue, I intend to write an article about 10 World´s Most Expensive Cities to Live, and Zürich is on the list (rank 6th). I want to give our readers a clue about the cost of living in your city. Therefore, I really need your help to answer some questions. Can you please help me? You can confirm it directly to my email k_marisa_y@yahoo.com.

Oh, because of tight deadline, can you give the response as soon as possible? Your help will be much appreciated. I´ll be waiting for the good news :p