Saturday, August 29, 2009

Why travel?

Now when I've rooted myself here in Zürich I no longer see the point of travelling. And since the US has introduced a rule that you need an electronic passport or similar I cannot even be bothered to go to New York. My friends travel experience last week confirms my belief. This is how it went. He was driving from Farnham to Heathrow, having eons of time. Well perhaps not enough for discovering the M25 was closed and ending up in queues that didn't move. Took him 4 hours to get to the airport, at which time of course his flight had left. On arrival he managed to somehow get his bag stuck in the escalator, being dragged with it and falling down hurting himself in several places. Almost cut his fingertip off, and it was bleeding like hell. This delayed him so when he finally got to the baggage belt his bag was gone, to be located later in Lost&found. I am happy I have found my place here in Zürich. I shall never leave.

No comments: