Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Would perhaps 8 be enough?

Met a friend tonight who told me he did a bargain in Germany over the weekend. Bought another aquarium. Apparently compared to Switzerland aquariums are half price in Germany (how come I didn't know this?) and Germany in turn having half price on whaddayaknow aquariums. He bought a new one for 50 francs. Turns out it's his 5th or 6th aquarium (I lost count), and I was asking if he planned to grow fish for eating. Reminded me of my fav series West Wing, where the republicans make a joke of the democrates when Jed Bartlet is about to end his term, chanting "8 years is enough" many many times, and you see Leo, the chief of staff, watching the show saying sarcastically in the end "is perhaps 8 years enough?". That's how I felt with aquarium-guy. Is perhaps 5-6 aquariums enough? But he did bring me home-made cookies, so I'm gonna let it go.

No comments: