Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Fish have bones!

I had dinner tonight with a friend, and I cooked fish. Whole ones. Ok, not whole-whole, since the guy at the fish counter took out the mushy bits in the middle, but still. And he (my friend) was mesmerized. That surprised me, since he's not exactly a youngster, but I guess not everybody grew up with a father who's favourite pastime was to fish. Especially not in Switzerland.

He was deboning the fish, looking at the skeleton, telling me how remarkable it was with the spine and that's why the fish was moving so elegantly.

Yeah, yeah. But even I was enjoying it, stuffed as it was with tomatoes (from my plant on the balcony), basil (again from the balcony), butter, lime, dill and caviar. Served with boiled potatoes, peas and a mix with shrimps and other goodies.

No comments: