Wednesday, August 13, 2014

That Ikea thing

Went to this Ikea event yesterday, and to my surprise it wasn't as boring as I expected. It was a speech about 40 mins, but broken up by showing a badly designed bedroom, then curtains closed, a bit of more talking, and then voila, curtains opened again and the same bedroom but with less bad interior. I felt really good that my current bedroom is way nicer.

Funnily enough, the most exciting item was the carpet they had at the entrance. Black and white squares, would have fit perfectly in my flat! If I could only get the cats to shed their white hair on the white squares and vice versa. Yeah, fat chance of that happening!

The "fika" was excellent though. Fresh strawberries, raspberries and blueberries, an orange mousse and a chocolate cake to die for.


And there was a gift bag! Mind you, as expected it was a bit of a disappointment. An (ugly) green and bad quality towel (which was given away today to a friend who liked it...), a plastic kinda bag that had an equal plastic top that I'm thinking can go to insulate my plants in the winter, and two hooks that through vacuum can stick to a bathroom wall. The last one I actually appreciate, now it has a purple (what else?) container hanging there housing my razors.

But! And there's a big but. I came home without a catalogue from an Ikea catalogue event. How come there was not a catalogue in the bag?

No comments: