Thursday, February 24, 2011

Negotiation skills

Got an email today from an old boss. He is moving on to another job. Then telling me that I would've been proud of him, he was apparently very greedy in the negotiations. What? Me greedy? I think he might refer to the time I was negotiating with him and managed to raise my salary with about 40%. Him back then: "why do I feel like I am a loser in this negotiation?" Me back then: "not at all. you basically are paying me a wee bit more for doing two jobs". I won. And it's now history. Except for none of us have forgotten :).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

man, you should have seen all the trouble I had to go to to try to get a 6% salary increase this week. bloody government jobs!

Witchbitch said...

Well, I did move between countries and did take on another job. But yes, I was very proud of myself back then. These days 6% ain't bad!