Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Swiss accuracy

I had a hose installed, going from my shower to the balcony, which I described in a previous blog item. So instead of paying 4,000 francs which the architect asked when building the house, I ended up paying less than 100 francs.

To my help in assembling this hose I had my previous landlord. He bought everything, he put it all together and made it work. He was driving around, getting all the equipment, and put in the hours.

He was very accurate, and presented me with the bills, which I paid. Of course. But there was one piece that wasn't fitting, so he took it back.

Yesterday I found an envelope in my mail-box, containing all the receipts and two francs in cash. That's what he got back from returning the piece that didn't work.

I don't wanna know how much it cost to drive to the shop, returning the piece, but as it actually was only 1.95, I sent him a text saying I owe him 5 rappen, and I would like to return it promptly.

You gotta love ze Swiss. Very accurate, very precise and just adorable.

No comments: