Monday, June 01, 2015

Bank bonus for me?

I have had a lot of bank advisors in my day, mainly because I lived in a number of countries and every time had to build up a relationship with a new bank. And trust me, none of them have been good or had my interest at heart. This is perhaps nothing new, everybody is out for themselves, but still. They sell a service, and that ain't good. At the same time they always shield themselves, so nothing is their fault in the end when things go pear-shaped.

Now, I was on minus on my bank account and learned that they charge 3.25% while the bank itself has a negative interest rate. So I reckoned I sell some shares to make up for the negative on my current account.

Imagine my surprise when not only the shares I sold had gone through, but also the fund I wanted to sell and the bank told me I couldn't do until September. This was a surprise, so I sent an email to the bank asking for an explanation.

Turns out not only my bank had done it wrong, but also Credit Suisse. And all transactions were revoked. So I, a mere amateur, found an error made by two major banks. Now I'm waiting for the bonus that I heard that people get in the bank business. Guess I'll be waiting...

No comments: