Wednesday, September 05, 2007

New toy

Gotta admit that I spent a rather large portion of today playing around with my new mobile. Checking the menus. Fixing the settings. Number one priority is always to change language to English. For some reason it is always set to default German. Discovered I have a lot of unnecessary features like "video-call", which is a screen where you can phone people and they will see you (you can see yourself in a small frame...which I rather like, who would like to see a close-up? Especially in the morning). Anyway, it's not a feature I plan to use, was just playing around. I'm happy to use stuff like actually phoning with the mobile, sms'ing, taking the odd picture (actually they gave me a usb-cable so that I can now take pics while out...and share them here with you later...good idea? Hmmm, not sure :), storing phone numbers and use T9 for English. That's about it. All the other extras I really don't use. The only feature I would like to have, and that phones yet not have (unless you pay extra and send the physical phone in for service) is the ability to choose any language you want when texting. Here in Germany it is only English, German, Italian or French. Not of any use to me (apart from English of course). In an international world Orange and other providers should pick up on this. If it takes up too much memory, they should just tailor it for the customer. How difficult could it be?

No comments: