Friday, January 02, 2015

Selfie pin

In my mother tongue we say that even the sun has spots, meaning nobody is perfect or right all the time. As strange as it sounds I am not either.

At the moment I'm hung up on Shark tank and Dragons den, two similar reality shows that focus on entrepreneurs trying to impress wealthy investors to put money into their business, and I tell you, if I had been an investor being presented with a so called selfie pin I would have so rejected it. Nobody can be that narcissistic! Says the woman who blogs about her life :).

I would have been wrong. Which got proven today when I met my neighbours coming back from their holiday, talking about all the sites they had seen, all the presents they had gotten and what was most amazing. Well, to be honest it was the guy who was most excited "can you imagine how many holidays we've been on, and no pictures of the two of us together?". Hmm, no. But all you gotta do is to ask somebody on the street or the restaurant you're in to take one with your camera.

A selfie pin is a device that people with iphones (everybody except for me) can put their phone into and it stretches so that you can take a pic of yourself. I was told "everybody" was walking around with one. Which sounds a bit strange to me, and dangerous! A piece of long metal device, like an umbrella, poking into others while walking. Trust me, this is a one-season device.

And if it's not, I'm wrong twice, but I have no problem with that. 'Cause this is an idiotic trend, and if I was asked today I still wouldn't invest.

No comments: