Monday, March 16, 2015

50% off

I had forgotten how favourable it can be to shop in the evening. Normally I'd go during the day when it's less people, but today I needed something for this evening so went to Coop. At the same time I was shopping for Wednesday, and for less than 15 francs I got 15 chicken wings - bio mind you! And I don't mind bio when it's 50% off. And it's good to know these chickens were roaming in the free while they were living. Guess they are less happy now though.

Gotta do this more often, especially since I cook lunch boxes for my friend, and we have now settled on a fixed price. Maybe I can even make 50 rappen per portion :) ?

But good thing something was cheap, the other ingredients for our upcoming paella on Wednesday weren't. When asking the young male shop assistant for which rice was best suited for the Spanish delicacy it turned out he didn't even know what paella was. But after consulting with a colleague he came back with a smile and pointed to the most expensive rice package there was. Of course.

Then I tell you, saffron is the equivalent of gold. 5 francs for 650 mg.

But there you go, if you want eat a delicious Spanish paella, it's gonna cost.

PS. Never made it before, better not screw up!

No comments: