Monday, March 09, 2015

Shrimp and alco

I may be fond of alcohol, but sometimes, even for me, it can be a bit much. Today I had a visitor for lunch and after enjoying a shrimp mix on toast, I remember her visit last time when she enjoyed an Irish coffee, and sure enough when asked, she'd like one.

So I joined her. Brown sugar, cognac (I know, not very "Irish" but who cares), coffee and whipped cream.

Then later in the afternoon I got an unexpected visit from another friend, and whaddayaknow, he also enjoyed a toast and when asked what he'd like to drink...he responded "I don't suppose you have an Irish coffee". So I joined him with another one.

After he left I slept for like an hour, am so not used to drink that strong alcohol in the middle of the day. And I do expect to have gained a whole kilogram. All these sweets and rich creamy shrimp mix. Not a day where health took a first seat.

No comments: