Sunday, March 01, 2015

Loving relationships

Yesterday afternoon the semi-new neighbours had a housewarming party. I was late, 'cause of the new friend, and as a punishment I sent him dogwalking while I was having a glass (or three) of Prosecco with all the neighbours. Turns out he didn't see it as a punishment at all, and came back for dinner as a happy man, bringing flowers for me. Oh dear, I might have been a bit harsh with him.

Anyway, while at the neighbours I talked with one of them about weightloss. She is skinny as a I-dunno-what and still talks about losing a few kg's. Told her she should rather focus on getting her guy losing a few (he could easily lose 30 kg's and still be quite sturdy), but that didn't stop her. Her guy whispered to me "she doesn't mind, she's looking forward to the life insurance". Which is so not true, and I don't understand why she's so insecure. She has a fab life with a loving husband, kids, a fantastic home and a good job plus she's gorgeous.

Good thing I don't have these hang-ups. I enjoy every day I'm alive and healthy, and I especially enjoyed yesterday including the dinner, except for maybe the Sicilian balls which had rice and bolognese inside...

No comments: