Saturday, October 27, 2007

Control freak

Had a swift drink with flatmate (soon to be ex) tonight before I left. And I don't know why it got me thinking about another friend I have. Well, I do know why since M is a bit of a control freak being so organized.

Anyway. I was in Australia, in Sydney for a day, and we had rented a beach house a couple of hours up the coast. Then there were forest fires, so we couldn't go because the roads were closed. And my friend freaked. He couldn't deal with the change in plan. Me? I was more like, well we're here, why don't we just stay another night in the hotel and spend the day in Bondi beach. Dinner in Darling harbour. I really didn't see the problem.


But my friend couldn't relax. It threw him that his carefully planned schedule didn't work. And this is the guy who sends me an excel spreadsheet with leaving time, how many hours it is to the next stop, what time zone I'm in, when I land, what I have to do, which hotel we're checking in to etc etc. Yawn! I just think there are worse places to get stuck in than Sydney :)


PS. This is what I saw coming home tonight...

No comments: