Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Healthcare

I really love the privatized healthcare system here in Switzerland. Yes it does cost quite a bit, but I like the system. A couple of days ago I called my doctor, who recommended me a mammography. Today I called the clinic who had received the info from my doctor to make a reservation. Then she asked "when would you like to come?". Oh, I thought, that's very serviceminded. So I said "when do you have a time available?". "No", she insisted, "you tell me when you can make it". Wow. That's service. So now I'm booked for Tuesday next week, since my calendar was kinda full this week. That's service people. And for Johns amusement. Then my breasts will really look like a dachshunds ear...or even two :)

6 comments:

John said...

LOL!!! Dachsund's ears...I forgot all about that. Still a great image. So..go get those "ears" of yours examined. Kidding! If I remember correctly your ears were not the dachsund type..more at attention, like German shepherd! or is that Swedish shepherd???

j

Witchbitch said...

Probably like a Germans shepherds balls then :)...

Anonymous said...

'healthcare'
sounds like you're doing better than I ever did my my doctor in Zurich, who seemed to think she was an all-powerful healer rather than a GP and refused to ever refer you to anyone else

Witchbitch said...

Could it be that you were healthy?

Anonymous said...

'healthcare'
condescension from a doctor is one thing, but from you?
I dont like doctors, I try to avoid visiting them whenever possible so why would I go if I was healthy? especially since in Switzerland I had to pay a not insignificant amount every time I went.

Witchbitch said...

I just meant that your doctor checked you out, and found you not in need of a referral. But what do I know?