Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Relief

So it was a relief when friendgirl showed up. I sms'd her from the bus going downtown (which is kinda an accomplishment in itself since the bus takes no more than 5 minutes tops...and that is with traffic...there is no traffic at 21.30). Swoosh, and there you are. In town. Anyway, friendgirl decided it was a good idea to join. So she did. And there is nothing Spanish about her. But she does a fantastically good imitation of speaking English with an accent. It is really funny to hear a Swiss person speaking English with a Swiss accent, and being funny at the same time. Because this I hear on a daily basis, but since she is fluent in English without the trace of Swiss, it is funny. Believe me. She can also do English with a French accent. Equally funny. Especially since I'm forced to speak to people every day with those accents. And trust me, then they don't do it for fun. They actually speak like that. Moral of the story? Heck if I know :). I'm just off-loading after yet another evening in town.

No comments: